Rusha has significant experience representing a number of plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of complex topics in state and federal courts, including environmental, commercial, professional liability, and product liability cases. Rusha is a member of the Board of the firm’s Alabama Political Action Committee and has been a member of the firm’s Finance Committee and a member of its Growth and Expansion Committee. Before joining Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, Rusha completed two judicial clerkships, one with Alabama’s highest appellate court and another one with an Alabama federal district court.
In her nearly 20 years of practice, Rusha has represented many different clients in state and federal courts, such as coal developers, oil producers, insurance professionals, drug and medical rehabilitation companies, financing institutions, and various other product manufacturers. Rusha has also been actively involved in a number of appeals before the Supreme Court of Alabama and the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, in addition to a petition to the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Named "Top Rated Lawyer" by Birmingham's Legal Leaders, 2013
- Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers 2011, General Litigation
- Momentum Women's Leadership Program, 2007-08 Graduate
- AV Preeminent Rated
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Volunteer Lawyers Program, Board Member, 2010-2013
- Birmingham Opera Works, Board Member, 2006-07
- Defense Research Institute
- Magic City Art Connection, Board Member, 2008-present
- Firehouse Shelter, Volunteer, 1997-2006
- The Exceptional Foundation, Board Member, 2013-2016
You May Not Know
Rusha was a “ski bum” in Colorado for almost three years prior to entering law school. In addition to her love of snow skiing, Rusha is a fan of college football and a supporter of the local arts.