The Venture Capital and Private Equity Practice Group of Bradley Arant Boult Cummings is comprised of attorneys from several different practice groups that focus a substantial portion of their practice on representing investors, including venture capital, buyout, private equity, certified capital company ("CAPCO") funds, and individual angel investors. Our clients invest in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, business service, IT, telecommunications, software and biotechnology/healthcare industries.
Our Practice Group has extensive experience in all aspects of venture capital and private equity transactions, including:
- the formation and capitalization of venture capital, buyout, certified capital company (CAPCO), and other private equity funds
- the negotiation and documentation of angel, venture capital, buyout, CAPCO and other private equity financing transactions
- the acquisition and disposition of portfolio companies
- investment adviser, investment company and broker dealer regulation
- CRA regulations, Bank Holding Company regulations and other banking regulations impacting investors in investment funds
- federal, state and international tax issues impacting investment funds and their investments in portfolio companies the impact of Sarbanes Oxley and the Patriot Act on investment funds and their portfolio companies
We represent several families in connection with their private investment fund formations and investment activities. A list of representative clients and transactions is available upon request.